Sunday, July 11, 2010

it was there the whole time!

On Friday I was introduced to a little beach that is only 30 minutes from my house in Baltimore County.  It's only $3 to park for each person in your car not in a booster, ample parking, long row of large trees shading picnic tables w/ grills, a great little sand area, and a roped off swim area with no waves.  Lifeguards are on duty, there is a bath house and grill.  I just wish I had known about this little gem.  All that time I spent wishing to be at the ocean I could have gone to this (much less exciting, but still) little beach area.  The kids could enjoy it more than the ocean.  Christian was able to walk all the way out to the rope.  Jack was halfway out too and trying to swim all over.  Anna wasn't a huge fan of standing or sitting on the shore.  (Her friend Hazel was trying to show her how awesome it was.  She just wasn't having it.)  But she liked floating in her little raft we have.  We had a really fun time discovering this new place.  Hope to go back lots more this summer.

2 comments:

Jess and Jason said...

I am so glad you had a good time! I thought it would be fun to go in the evening and bring food to cook on the grill and have a family night out...maybe a potluck type!

Somanjana said...

So nice to see the snaps! I am a mommy too..you would want to check out my experiences here:

www.drishtikone.com/somanjana